Monday, 30 December 2013

The Sugar Junction


If I ever obtain a massive windfall and have the urge or propensity to create a vintage cafĂ© / drinking establishment in Manchester’s Northern Quarter I wouldn't bother, as Sugar Junction has already done it. Perfectly.

SJ was the place of choice picked by the lovely Christine from The Fabulous Times, to host her Fabulous Festive Blogger Meet up. Located on Tib street, I walked past it a couple of times as it was dark, and I didn’t want to get too close to the XXX stores (honestly I didn't).


Situated over two floors, the interior is cosy, twee and charming, with pastels, granny couches, flowers in jars, and, of course, vintage china. I was in heaven and felt a little bit mad at myself that I hadn't visited this place before.

I enjoyed two amazing cocktails, both served with little extras in the form of salted pineapples, shortbread and flowers. The cocktail menu, in addition to the afternoon tea menu and food as a whole, looks utterly divine.



The best part, of course, was meeting a whole load of new bloggy folk. I like to think that my own blog has a bit of a vintage ilk to it; however, this pales into insignificance when compared to this uber-vintage maestro’s.



G.M Norton @ Norton of Morton


Overall, I think that SJ is equally perfect for a first date, catch up with the girls, or even impressing the mother-in-law. The attention to detail and little touches shows that SJ has created just the right formula for an amazing afternoon or evening.

xXx

9 comments :

  1. You got to some amazing places Jess!

    Emily xx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing! Can't believe I've never been in.

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend and I are going to go and have afternoon tea. My friend used to know the previous owners and we have been invited by the new owners via twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at going here for a while! One to treat myself to in the new year I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me and my friend have been eyeing up this place for a few weeks now to go for afternoon tea, only briefly went in waiting for a seat (there was a party on) and its gorgeous! love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I can't believe I haven't visited Sugar Junction yet, definitely need to go in 2014!

    http://lilykitten1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/best-of-2013-blog-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wanted to go to this meet up but had to take my boyfriend out for a meal for his birthday instead (unfortunate, I know). It looks absolutely lovely! I've never been to Sugar Junction either, but it's on the top of my list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wanted to go on this meet up but unfortunately had to take my boyfriend out for a birthday meal! It looks absolutely lovely. I've never been to Sugar Junction before, but it's top of my list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to check this out - I've been seeing so many positive reports of it on Twitter. I must admit I was put off NQ tearooms by a couple of of naff experiences, but maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones!
    BTW, I went to ProperTea on Saturday - have you been yet? Simple- just cake, sarnies, and drinks. This is the cafe I want to own!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- I read and appreciate every single one! xXx