Thursday, 2 January 2014

A Time of Change

I love this time of year - so much potential and possibility!

I’m trying to keep my resolutions quite simple and achievable this year.

Mind


I’m in the middle of reading a fantastic book called “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. Tolle explains that we have so much anxiety and misery in our lives as we have become disconnected from the “now”. This sounds complicated but is actually really simple and makes a lot of sense to me. Your mind is constantly chattering away; it either thinks about your past (usually going over situations that make you cringe) or you imagine possible scenarios in the future that may happen (such as going for a job interview which goes terribly wrong). The past and future don’t really exist – all you ever have is the present moment.

My resolution is to practice living in the ‘now’, become present, reconnect with self – whatever you want to call it which is basically meditation, but without a religious context. I hope this will be able to help me cope with anxiety and allow a more focused yoga-routine.


Body



Eat clean. Run. Cycle. 2 cups of green tea per day and 1 green monster.
Easy!

My beauty resolution is to look after my nails and start practicing nail art – a real challenge! How cute is my custom-made artwork from Jammy and Jelly?




Soul


Giving to charity is chicken soup for the soul. However, it’s very difficult in this day and age to find some spare cash to chuck in the proverbial bucket.

My resolution for the soul is to donate blood every 3  months. It’s such an amazing thing to donate, and everyone should do it – no excuses!

I used to donate regular, but recently I have been more needle-phobic than usual, and the thought makes me real dizzy! So I am going to man up and get back into it (it doesn’t even hurt – just ask for the lidocaine!).

What are your resolutions?



xXx

3 comments :

  1. Great post! I agree with the green tea - I've been drinking about 5 cups a day for about 4 months and it has done absolute wonders for my skin! Good luck with the resolutions
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to stop eating processed food this year… it's time to start being kind to my body.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the power of now sounds like an amazing book :) i want to read it now! xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- I read and appreciate every single one! xXx