Saturday, 14 June 2014

23 Weeks Pregnant // Bump Update


I’m enjoying my second trimester. Life is wonderful right now.


How far along? 23 weeks and 2 days.

Total weight gain/loss? Still not braved the scales but I know that Baby weighs around one pound now. Grow Baby, grow!

Maternity clothes? I picked up this pretty floaty dress in a charity shop and it is absolutely perfect on hot days like today.

Stretch marks? Not yet, touch wood.

Sleep? Sleep is fine at the moment and I am really enjoying being snuggled up around 10pm reading about labour and birth. Party animal me.

Best moment this week? Pete finished painting the nursery and put up a lovely pale blue blind with birds on it.

Miss anything? I’m really craving a medium rare steak! It’s so restricting not being able to eat certain meats and cheeses.

Movement? Oh yes! Baby moves around so much I barely notice it now as it has become second nature. I keep staring at my bare belly and willing Baby to move so I can see it. I find it quite funny that I longed to feel my Baby move for so long and now that Baby had obliged, I want to physically see it!

Food cravings? No but I’ve lost my appetite for the past few days. I ate something that didn’t agree with me and was up at 5am being sick. It brought back the memories of the morning sickness weeks ago and I am so grateful that this was a one off.

Anything making you queasy or sick? I think it was a massive piece of Victoria sponge I ate before bed one night. I got it at Asda in the whoops section so I am never going to buy reduced food stuff again until Baby is here safely as I can’t risk getting food poisoning.

Labour Signs?  Just a little scare (see below).

Current Symptoms? Last Saturday I started feeling pain in my lower back which got so bad that I couldn’t stand up straight. I was hobbling around the house like an old lady in tears because it was so painful. Whilst I was hanging over furniture, Pete was rubbing my back and I just thought to myself “I don’t like this one bit”. The cramps started hurting my belly and I began to get more and more frightened. The pain was constant, so I didn’t feel it was contractions (although I think contractions can feel like period pains in your back to begin with) but all these “what if’s” began to flood my mind so Pete and I decided to go to the walk in centre to get checked over. It turns out it was a muscular injury, probably caused by my hormones, but even so, Dr couldn’t hear Baby on the Doppler. I wasn’t too worried as I could still feel Baby move around. I had to see the midwife and have a few days off work to recover, but it was a scary experience indeed. This episode has encouraged me to keep up with a healthy diet and exercise regime once I’m back to myself and continue with my pregnancy yoga for as long as possible as I don’t want to become somebody full of aches, pains and problems.

Belly button in or out? It’s in, but only for a few more days!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or moody most of the time? Another mixed week. Today I feel blissfully happy, lucky, and blessed.

Looking forward to? Baby’s cot arrives next week so I can wash the bedding and set it all up! I’ll probably want to rewash it a bit nearer the time as I am a bit OCD with Baby’s things.



Have you read my other bump updates?

23 weeks pregnant




10 comments :

  1. Are you excited lovely? If I were you, I would be really stoked about the baby ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail, yes I am so excited - it's a wonderful feeling! xXx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw thank you Ellie thats really nice =) xXx

      Delete
  3. You look amazing - great bump! Getting the cot set up is lovely, it helps you to feel kind of ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much =) yes I like being prepared early xXx

      Delete
  4. talk about a scary experience.
    I went in a few weeks ago and they couldn't find the heartbeat, and i wasn't feeling kicks yet.
    Saw it on ultrasound, all is well. Still scary. babymaking is stressful sometimes.

    Glad I found you. I'm about 22 weeks along. can't wait to stalk your pregnancy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be stressful - are you on instagram? I will follow you xXx

      Delete
  5. So glad the scare wasn't serious and you're both OK - what a horrid experience. I'm starting a proper antenatal yoga class next week and really want to make more time for it myself along with my antenatal aquafit class as I know from experience that the more fit and supple you are the easier the last trimester. That dress is gorgeous by the way - what a find! Thank you for linking up to the #BlogBumpClub again. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah you're looking so fab! I am pretty sure my belly button is going to pop soon too!
    x x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- I read and appreciate every single one! xXx